Kara and Joel were a blast to hang out with on their wedding day! The crazy part of their story is that they are both Oakland University alumni and both were part of the school’s Cross Country team….except at different times! They knew they wanted to incorporate the track into their wedding photos and we had so much fun with them on the field! They even had a few of our OU spirited photos published in Oakland’s Alumni Magazine for featuring the campus’s track and field on their day.
From the bride: “I loved being able to take photos on the OU Track because it was such a unique experience.”
We loved Kara and Joel’s classic black & white decor. Their theme incorporated Frank Sinatra as their main inspiration. Their centerpieces were vintage cigar boxes filled with beautiful florals and they even had a Frank Sinatra impersonator singing during dinner and serenading the couple’s first dance.
From the bride on another of her favorite parts of the day:
“I also loved hearing our daughter, Jaclyn, give our speech. It was completely from the heart and what I felt wasn’t your average “make fun of the bride/groom” speech.”
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sellentine! You two are so beautiful together and we loved sharing and capturing your day!
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Lafayette Grande Banquet Facility
- Bridal Gown: Alfred Angelo
- Bridesmaids Gowns: Alfred Angelo
- Grooms Tux/Suits: Men’s Wearhouse
- Event Planner: The bride
- Officiant: Father Reverend Who’s Your Daddy? aka Matthew Shipes
- Florist: Cleverbumblebee Creations
- Hair: Epoch Salon (based out of Chicago)
- Makeup: Andrea McDonald (Nordstrom MUA)
- Bakery: Homemade
- DJ/Band: Live: Michael Sonata (Frank Sinatra impersonator) DJ: Faux Entertainment
- Invitations: Sterling Printing & Graphics